Saturday, April 4, 2009

We Need Different

Two words. Keri Hilson. Honestly when she first came out I was like who is this chick?? But she's honestly in her own league. She's an excellent writer, and her vocal range is pretty sick, if you don't believe me, listen to the adlibs on her song "Make Love." I need another listen of the album to truly make a real judgment but so far so good. Although I don't like all of the songs, I did like the fact that each song was pretty different.

No one can say she's trying to take Beyonce's spot in the sense that she is not only in the Pop/R&B lane, but includes techno, experimental, etc. because she definitely is a story teller. And that's something we need more of. Keri can definitely paint a good picture or action or feeling in her songs and that's extremely important as an artist, although some artists just get by because of their looks. But Keri was honestly blessed with it all.

Honestly when I think of my own competition for when I become more famous, I think about Keri Hilson. She is doing what I want to do. Luckily however, we have two completely different looks and two completely different sounds. So I definitely look forward to working with her in the future. So go cop the album. And here's "Make Love"

No comments: